Scoring, Patterns, and Classes
- All tasks within a pattern are judged out of 5 points. The breakdown is as follows:
- 0 = the task was missing from the pattern or done in the incorrect order
- 1 = the task was completed unsafely
- 2 = the task was completed very poorly
- 3 = the task was completed correctly
- 4 = the task was completed correctly and softly
- 5 = the task was completed correctly, with precision, and with softness
- You will not be penalized for someone calling out your pattern to you.
- If you have a grievance for your score or an entry, email within 24hrs of scores being released. After such time all scores are final.
- There are 4 show patterns for each Harmony Horsemanship Student Level. On Ground – With Rope, Liberty, Riding, and FreeStyle.
- You may have someone call the pattern to you as you perform.
- Film the pattern with the horse and human clearly visible the entire time, with no editing, and be careful not to be too far away from the camera (or use zoom) so that your movements can stay visible to the camera.
- If you don’t have someone to film, consider getting a Pivo which is an easy-to-use device you put on a tripod and put your phone on so that it tracks you and can rotate to follow you. You can get one from https://getpivo.com/?ref=gm9jv_w_xqah we recommend getting the “silver” because it is faster. It works indoors and is simple to set up. If filming with a phone, please film the video in horizontal view, NOT vertical (so the video is wide not narrow).
- Set your pattern up with the appropriate cones (you can use pylons, cones, buckets, jump standards, barrels, or any type of safe and visible marker) and follow the measurements on the show pattern diagram.
- Videos must be submitted by a specified date:
- Show 1: June 30
- Show 2: July 31
- Show 3: Aug 31
- Compete as a pro or a student.
- Pro includes HH instructors or other equine professionals who train or coach horse activities as their profession.
- Students are anyone who participates non professionally with horses.